A Small Business Journey

 Life is What YOU Make It!


A Small Business Journey


From the very first day I received the keys to the Quilt Shop I had a vision. I wanted to create a quilt shop in a historic quilt shop location that was different, and my own.



Realizing that vision took a lot of help and hard work from my husband Andy, and my sons Tristian and Zachary of of course me- as I was this project manager. The first thing we had to do was get rid of the old carpet. 

I DO NOT recommend getting a new puppy while trying to open a business. However, when you get home at night you do get puppy breath and cuddles on the couch.
I figured I'd better start a coat of paint on the brown paneling. 


We rented a floor scraper to try to get the glue off, unfortunately, that did not work completely. We thought that a sander would take off the last bit of glue but to no avail it was an utter failure. I wasted the entire month of March trying to restore these floors :(


Andy volunteered to install new vinyl :) 

And I painted some more stuff. 

And Painted
And Painted
Meanwhile, I was also inundated with scouring the internet for a Point of Sale solution for both a physical and online store. There is a plethora of information and options available. Between that and validating my business credentials with the MANY fabric suppliers, and the costs associated with stocking the shop~ I almost ran out of gas.

But God must have heard my prayers, because out of the blue a very good military friend of mine and experienced quilter, gifted me a beautiful counter and 49 bolts of fabric. This was the blessing I needed to kick it into high gear and push on.


Sales reps came and I got to ordering. Some fabric for now, and some for the future. Before I knew it it was time to open!! I made a mad rush to open, enter and arrange all the fabulous quilting goodies, design the front window and make it look I knew what I was doing!




Only, through the grace of God, Crab Creek Quilting Company is a reality. We are open and have Room to Grow :) I am so excited to make new friends, create and make many new memories in this local fun zone! 

Trust me when I say, as long as you stay positive, pray and do your best in life, you will experience the greatest rewards. After all pain is weakness leaving the body, and anything worth having is never easy. 

Thank you for taking time to read my Blog! keep checking back for quilty news happening at Crab Creek Quilting Company!

Always Forward,
Brandy Manke OWNER! :)




Comments

Popular Posts